North Thailand Tours
North Thailand Tours will make you fall in love of its cities, its stunning scenery and its mysteries to be discovered: Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, golden triangle, Karen … you’ll have hiking, trekking, will you embrace the Tigers, ride elephants, visit tribe, temples, markets, you’ll be surfing in the Mekong and many more unforgettable!
Tour Chiang Mai – Chiang Rai (4 days)
4 intense days with a travel program designed to let you discover the beauty of northern Thailand. This is for some the most authentic part of Thailand, away from the hustle and bustle of Metropolitan Bangkok and Thailand’s commercial and tourist beaches.
1° day: Chiang Mai – Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep – Orchid and Butterfly Farm – Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden
Chiang Mai is known as the “rose of the North“. Chiang Mai is located in a flat Valley crossing by the Ping River, and is located about 700 km from Bangkok. Famous for its small craft industries, handicraft of hill tribes, inlaid wood, lacquers, silver work, Celadon pottery and umbrellas in rice paper, is now in a great economic boom.
- 9.00 am: Meet the guide at the airport / hotel in Chiang mai. Guided Tour of Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep.
A guided tour of the temple on Mount Suthep, founded in 1386. 306-step staircase flanked by naga (mythical sea serpents).
Wat Phra That Doi Suthep lies at the height of about 1,060 meters, from the temple terrace there is an incredible view of Chiang Mai city. This is a very important temple for Buddhists, as some remains of Buddha himself are preserved within the central pagoda.
- Buffet lunch at the (Orchid and Butterfly Farm) is located in Mae Rim district, Chiang Mai. There are two main areas in the gardens where the orchids are displayed. In the center of the garden is a butterfly breeding enclosure.
- In the afternoon visit the Queen Sirikit Botanic garden
The amazing royal garden of the Queen, “The Queen Sirikit Botanical Garden ‘, a distinguishing attraction of the area is the Thai queen’s garden, which is under her personal protection. It contains a laboratory for orchid pollination, the flower symbol of the nation.
- Return to the Hotel
2° day: Chiang Rai – White Temple – Khun Khon Waterfall – Jungle Trekking
Visited Chiang Mai we proceed towards the city of Chiang Rai …
- 08.30 am: Meet the guide at hotel and departure for Chiang Rai, stopping along the way to the Hot Spring.
- 11.30 am: arrival in Chiang Rai and visit the famous White Temple, symbol of the city.
- 12.30 am: Lunch at a local delicatessen, made with roasted chicken, served with papaya salad. You eat in a traditional bamboo bungalows, in traditional Thai style.
- Afternoon visit to Khun Khon falls and a 45 minute jungle trek. The falls can only be reached by a jungle track that ends at the falls. The route isn’t difficult – only a bit rough towards the end. But it’s worth a visit!
- After leaving for Chiang Rai and return to the hotel
3° day: The Golden Triangle – Laos Island – Monkey Cave – Boat on Mekong River
- 8.30 am: Pickup at the hotel in Chiang rai
- Guided tour of the tribal villages of the Akha, Yao and Karen (long-necked women) ethnic groups, where it will be possible to see the traditionally-dressed tribal people – the men working in the fields, and the women weaving silk scarves on special framework.
We leave the village and head to Chiang Saen. Along the way taste of pineapple season sold by farmers.
- 11.30 am: Arrival at the Golden Triangle, a trip along the Mekong River by motor launch, up to Don Xao Island in Laos. No passport visa is required, only a daily entry fee of 30THB. Your passport is left with Thai Customs and given back to you upon return from Laos. A visit of the island and its markets, where you can find anything, from clothing to the most extravagant of articles, like cobra snake whisky or bottles with taxidermy scorpions.
- 12.00 am: Upon returning from the island in Laos, buffet lunch at a restaurant near the Golden Triangle.
- In the afternoon visit the Monkey Cave, is possibility to take photos of the numerous monkeys nearby caves.
- After visiting the cave, return to the hotel in Chiang Rai
4° day: Karen village – Wat Huay Plankung – Baan Dam – Local market
- 8.00 am:Departure from the hotel in Chiang Rai for the Karen village of Baan Ruammit. The village is on the banks of the Rimkok river which crosses Chiang Rai and ends up in the Mekong. The village can be reached either by boat, or by car, and you can check out other village lifestyles along the way.During the trip you will see splendid rice fields and various tribal villages.
- The trip continues with a visit to the Wat Huay Plankung pagoda, where Chinese and Thai traditions fuse together. The pagoda is 9 storeys high. On each floor there are beautiful cedarwood carvings, and a unique panorama of Chiang Rai from the last floor.
- 12.30 am Lunch in Chiang rai downtown at a traditional Thai restaurant.
- In the afternoon visit the Black House, Baan Daam in Chiang Rai, mysterious teak building in archaic style, designed by Thawan Duchanee.
- Final visit to the colorful local market of Chiang rai
- 5.30 pm: departure to Chiang Rai and back to the Hotel
For reservations and more information on availability and date of “ North Thailand Tours ”
… WELCOME TO CONTACT US!